Welcome...
So glad you took time out of your day to visit with me and my happenings!

Don't forget to feed the fish below before you start looking & reading!!
Just move your mouse and or click to see what happens.
Have fun!!

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Equitherapy.......

 My boy Julian has just recently started something called "Equitherapy". I knew about this before but never pursued it because my boy was AFRAID of horses. This Summer at his local camp(see posting of "Camp Chris"), they were able to get him to ride. How exciting!!! I then went searching on the internet and found this WONDERFUL place. We had been told about this place before by my husbands co-worker but just never thought it would be possible due to Julian's fear. Equitherapy helps kids with low muscle tone and gives LOTS of stimulation which helps many things including speech. My boy definitely needs help in that department. We are so proud of him and his accomplishments so far.







Heres my boy getting a feel for the horse.....




Julian's horses name is "Apache". He rides the same horse every time but may switch later. Each horse has a certain gate or walk I am told, and switching it up will help strengthen more muscles in my boy.






Finally he's on.......
















Having fun already.....













Here are a few of the other horses they use at the farm.......
They are just beautiful!!
  
My girl gave this one a fancy hairdo........
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 











































 Time for some games.........













This beautiful barn cat was posing for me.
















 All done for now. 
See you in a week Apache!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment