Welcome...
So glad you took time out of your day to visit with me and my happenings!

Don't forget to feed the fish below before you start looking & reading!!
Just move your mouse and or click to see what happens.
Have fun!!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I love ferns......

There is something about ferns that I love....... They are so delicate and unusual. I really love them because they like shade, which I have a lot of in my backyard. I own three different ones that you'll see below....

This one is called an ostrich fern. I took this photo in early Spring. They were just starting to unravel and the lighting was just perfect for this shot.

This almost looks like a tunnel of green....going right into the ground.




This one is an autumn fern. I love this one because it has a slight brown or burnt look to the ends of the foliage. Fall is my favorite time of the year so I had to have an Autumn fern.


Autumn ferns do need to be cleaned and pruned or this happens underneath. I better get my clippers out and get busy. UUGGGG!

Last but not least.........is the the Japanese painted fern. This in my favorite fern that I own because it is the most colorful. My mom gave it to me. Thanks mom!

I love this last photo........... so intricate.








No comments:

Post a Comment