Welcome...
So glad you took time out of your day to visit with me and my happenings!

Don't forget to feed the fish below before you start looking & reading!!
Just move your mouse and or click to see what happens.
Have fun!!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lots of butterflies..........

This summer I have seen the most butterflies I think I've ever seen!! Last week I chased a yellow swallow tail butterfly around the yard for an hour or more. It was so beautiful and I could not stop taking pictures of it.
It was REALLY attracted to my tall phlox, which is in full bloom right now.

These photos were all taken in my backyard, with the exception of the one with the red background (it was in my front yard).
AMAZING!!


This one below is the one I chased for an hour. It was so amazing to watch. I forgot about EVERYTHING....which was nice for a change!!





We have a hummingbird feeder out in front of our house. I have seen one humming bird around the feeder this year, very weird!! The rest of the time I've seen butterflies like this one below. They just sit on the feeder and drink. I have never seen so many around our home in recent years......... I feel like I am living in a butterfly house.




LOVE the colors in this last shot!!


No comments:

Post a Comment